Friday, October 15, 2010

New Recipe

I tried this recipe last night. It’s Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Baked Chicken. I made a lot of changes based on what I had in my pantry, so I’ve noted those in parenthesis.

Sticky Chicken
Ingredients
Olive oil, to drizzle
10 chicken drumsticks ( I had 13, so I cooked them all)
Sea salt and black pepper
For the glaze:
6 tablespoons honey (I used 7)
3 tablespoons fish sauce (I don’t do fish sauce – so I used Texas Pete’s hot sauce)
4 teaspoons light soy sauce (I was out of soy sauce, so I used Worchestershire sauce)
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons (I used a little over 1/2 cup of juice)
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (I had seasoned rice vinegar.)
4 teaspoons sesame oil (actually had that)

Preparation

-Heat the oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a large baking dish. Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper and arrange in the dish in a single layer. Drizzle over a little olive oil and bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes.

-Prepare the glaze in the meantime. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl until evenly combined.

-Take the chicken out of the oven and pour over the glaze, to coat each drumstick. Return to the oven and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, turning several times, until the chicken is tender and nicely glazed.

-Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.

I piled the chicken in a smaller dish and poured the glaze from the cooking pan over it. It was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment