Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chocolate Ganache in a Jar

I love ganache! It is my first choice for chocolate frosting.
It tastes incredible, and is super easy to make:
Chocolate Ganache
* Equal parts dark chocolate chips and heavy cream
* Clean jar with lid, large enough to easily accommodate chips and cream
1. Pour cream into the jar. Microwave (without the lid!) until cream is very hot, but not boiling.
2. Add chocolate chips. Screw lid on tightly, and shake shake shake!
3. When it's all blended, you have ganache, easy as that.
You can store it in the fridge in the same jar you made it in, no need to dirty a mixing bowl or food processor. While it's warm, you can pour it over cakes, cookies, or cupcakes for a smooth, shiny glaze. If you chill it, you can roll it into truffles. I've heard you can whip it into a fluffy frosting, but I like the glaze so much I never tried whipping it.

I invariably have some left over. And you don't just throw out homemade ganache! I make hot chocolate with it or spread some on bread to give Suzy a treat.
With the latest batch, I had very little left, so I let Suzy scrape the jar. Yum:


She was a happy girl.


Num num num!


Chocolate-induced bliss:


All good things must come to an end...


...but that doesn't mean she has to be happy about it.


But she can be consoled by knowing she sports an awesome chocolate mustache!




No comments:

Post a Comment