Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuna Noodles

Sometimes I think I'd be embarrassed if people knew the kinds of things I cooked for myself when I'm alone, other times I think, "I'll post it on my blog!" Obviously I'm in the second mood tonight!
Nate's at a men's once-a-month Bible study tonight. Just about every time he's gone for that, I make tuna noodles for me and Suzy.
It's not that Nate doesn't like tuna noodles. He vastly prefers them to going hungry. Or, slightly prefers them to going hungry. But I love them - especially the leftovers that I eat for lunch the next day! I
Here it is:
1 box whole wheat rotini noodles
1 foil pack of tuna
2 chopped tomatoes
about 1/2 cup of nuts (toasted pecans are my favorite, but I usually use honey-roasted sunflower seeds. Tonight I used a mix of almonds, cashews, sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
handful of shredded mozzarella

Boil the noodles 12-14 minutes until done. Drain and return to the pot. Toss them in a good splash of lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and a heaping spoonful of dried basil. Stir in tuna, tomatoes, nuts and cheese.

It may not be to everyone's taste, but it IS healthy, so that's a point right? Oh, and don't worry. I promise if you come over to my house for dinner, I will never, ever, make this for you!

2 comments:

  1. Well, your Tomato Soup recipe is a hit in my book. I think you lost me on this recipe with the nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for not serving it to us...your roast however, was great!

    ReplyDelete