Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sweet Promises

This year I went through a difficult time that left me feeling far from God. A sweet sister in Christ pointed me to these verses in Lamentations. If anyone knows about being down, it's the prophet Jeremiah! (He's the one who wrote Lamentations.)
"The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

“The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.

It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the LORD. "
-Lamentations 3:22-26
And then a wee bit further in the chapter:
v.32 "For if He causes grief,
Then He will have compassion
According to His abundant lovingkindness."

1 comment:

  1. Lori,

    Thanks for sharing how the Lord encouraged your heart!! I was struggling with something and this is what I read in my quiet time in Daniel 2:21-22: "You change the times and seasons...you know what is in the darkness and light dwells with you." It was such a comfort to be reminded that He knows what is ahead even though the way seem dark to me. He is such a faithful Shepherd and Friend. The best Comforter who ministers mercy like no one else can.

    Love
    christy

    ReplyDelete