Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chore Chart Day 37..or Whatever

Yeah, my whole challenge week went down the tubes didn't it? I did actually finish the week, but then things happened that pushed it aside.
Thank you all for your prayers for my mother-in-law. She is precious to us and we are glad know she's getting stronger everyday. She starts radiation on July 2nd. She has six weeks of daily radiation, during which the little dynamo plans to go back to whipping her hooligans into line at Delgado Community College.
We enjoyed spending last week with her, but I think maybe she over-tired herself on Suzy's account. Not quite enough napping for either of them!
On the way back we stopped in Biloxi for a day. Suzy got to play on the beach. It was pretty sand, no oil, but jelly fish. Suzy got stung on her knee. I think the whole jellyfish ran into her right knee, and tentacles went around to her left. She screamed and when I picked her up she said, "It bit me, it bit me!" As I picked her up, I think the jelly fish slid off and onto my ankle. It burned, but it had gotten her much worse, so I can only imagine how bad Suzy was hurting. She had red welts for hours afterwards.
That night we took her to see Toy Story 3 in 3D, her first time in a theater. Thanks, Toy Story, for insuring that if I ever throw out a toy, my daughter will be utterly traumatized. Was I the only mom depressed by this movie? My little brother was about Suzy's age when the first one came out, and now he's a teenager. I got teary-eyed tucking Suzy in that night. She's growing up so fast!
We made it home the next night, after a 3 hour delay in Macon, Mississippi. In the Taco Bell parking lot. Weee! So much fun. We have a new starter now, so hopefully that part won't happen again.
So anyway, we're back home, and I'm looking forward to seeing people tomorrow!
p.s. Toy Story did make me get Clyde, my precious rag doll that I have had since I was 11 months old, off of the closet shelf. I sewed on a new button, and cleaned him up a little. I gave him to Suzy, and she has been loving on him all afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow-what a vacation! Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law and so glad to know she is doing well.

    love christy

    ReplyDelete