Monday, January 4, 2010

Hymns from Yesterday

I loved the songs we sang yesterday at church. It was also bitter-sweet because it was Wes Voorhees' last Sunday as our music minister. Here are a few quotes from yesterday's hymns and songs:
"Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also;
The body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still,
His kingdom is forever."
-A Mighty Fortress is Our God, by Martin Luther

"Unless Your grace had called me
And taught my op’ning mind,
The world would have enthralled me,
To heav’nly glories blind.
My heart knows none above You;
For Your rich grace I thirst;
I know that if I love You,
You must have loved me first."
-My Lord I Did Not Choose You, by Josiah Conder

"I was so lost I should have died
But You have brought me to Your side
To be led by Your staff and rod
And to be call a lamb of God...
Hallelujah, hallelujah,
Hallelujah, praise the lamb!
Hallelujah, hallelujah,
Glory to the great I AM!"
_A mix of Lamb of God by Twila Paris and the hymn Hark I Hear the Harps Eternal

No comments:

Post a Comment