Friday, January 15, 2010

My Birthday

Yesterday was my __st birthday. Nate gave me a card when I first woke up. It said he had a sitter for Suzy and we were going out to dinner. He meant it to be a surprise, but it's pretty easy to read him, so I already knew. But it was still very sweet. He gave me some chocolate (always a winning gift with me) and some kitchen gadgets, including a piping attachment to fill eclairs. Yay! I made banana cream eclairs with chocolate icing. Eclairs might be my new temporary hobby. They are inexpensive and relatively easy to make, and soooo yummy. My goal right now is to make them as attractive as they are tasty. Let's just say mine aren't winning any beauty contests! They're sort of bumpy and hard to frost. Hopefully my technique will improve! If I ever make eclairs that are pretty, I'll post a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Lori--Sorry I missed it.
    I hope you had a great time on your date.
    You are a precious friend and am so thankful God brought you into my life. He has and continues to teach me a lot through you as a wife and mother and just as a daughter seeking to obey and love her Heavenly Father.
    Much love christy

    ReplyDelete