Friday, January 22, 2010

Suzy's new Jean Skirt

I love taking something old and turning it into something new, useful, and pretty. I love craft blogs with easy and clever ideas.
I made a skirt like this for Suzy using this tutorial:

Tea Rose Home Jean Skirt Tutorial
I thought it was a great idea. I had a pair of Levi's with huge holes in the knees, so I was really happy to give them new life.


Doing a little dance:

The only issue I had was that I did not have cute little flower cookie cutters to make appliques. And I looooved those flower appliques! After several failed attempts to freehand some flowers, I used a star and tried to make it look like a five petaled flower. Please tell me it looks like a flower!

The skirt turned out a lot cuter than you can tell from the pictures. I had a rather unwilling model:

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! I am so glad that you liked this tutorial. Your's turned out really cute! Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job Lori!! You are defintely very talented!

    Tell Suzy I love her cowboy boots!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christy,
    Thanks for commenting on so many posts! I love reading them! I hope all is great with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete