Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Proverb for My Birthday

It's not my birthday - that happened last week and now I have a year free of pondering the speed of aging.
But I'm still pondering a proverb I read the morning of my birthday. A wise older woman once suggested reading a chapter of proverbs for the date of the month. The first of the month, you read Proverbs 1, ect. You only hit Proverbs 31 seven times a year - I should probably double up on the last day of the off months!
But my birthday is the 14th, so I opened up and read:

Proverbs 14:1
"The wise woman builds her house,
But the foolish tears it down with her own hands."

That is definitely something to contemplate. Are my actions building my home or tearing it down? Am I energetically using my talents to make this home a haven for my family, or does my laziness make it a place of chaos and stress? Am I seeking to express God's beauty and creativity in pursuing beauty for my home, or is my neglect making it unattractive? Are my words encouraging and blessing my family, or wounding and demoralizing them?

I pray that the Lord will make me a wise woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment